A Junior Product Manager is responsible for the identification, co-development & sourcing of consumer products and manufacturing. Novel Brands is searching for skills in market research and complete lifecycle product management in the manufacturing space - from concept to commercialization.
Novel Brands develops, manufactures, distributes & markets Consumer Products, such as Sweat Shaper & Sensor Brite. From concept to commercialization, we handle the entire process of bringing a brand to market.
If you have experience working with cross-functional manufacturing teams and have worked in the creation of products that improve consumer experiences, Novel Brands is the company you want to work at.
Experience with overseas vendors and manufacturing partners valued.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing and not afraid to engage in our hiring process. Since the position description is broad and a lot of candidates statistically will be applying, the candidate must be willing to complete a video interview.
Job Description information can be found further down.
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE (No recruiter or Agency fees) Hire S2NC is not a recruiter or an employment agency
- Qualifying candidates will be offered a one-way video interview opportunity during the early stages of the selection process. We highly recommend you engage in this step to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Novel Brands uses www.Hires2nc.com for the video interview because they are a neutral third-party facilitator that uses a respectful and supportive hiring process.
- In our 2nd stage of selections, The principal managers will personally review candidates who have completed the video interview or have communicated their willingness to complete it.
The initial one-way video interview will consist of 6 simple questions
We are open to a broad range of professional work experiences for the job opportunity. A product manufacturing and/or project management professional background is the main qualifying factor.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the operational and project management responsibilities regarding new and current product development initiatives
- Support sourcing initiatives and onboarding new product vendors
- Research, source, and pitch new product ideas
- Organize, update & maintain status reports on projects relative to activities with our sourcing team
- Review, evaluate, and maintain submitted ideas from teams, inventors, or joint ventures with other companies.
- Conduct market research
- Ordering comp/product samples for review
- Regularly meet with the team to discuss new products
- Help to identify new and manage current vendor partners
- Work cross-functionally with our Creative, Operations, Customer Experience and teams to take products from idea to launch
- Work with designers and engineers in the development
- Offer input on product design & function
- Help to kick off setups & relay item setups needed
- Offer feedback in merchandising & planning meetings
- Offer feedback in regards to artwork & packaging
- Help to assist any sales related needs
- Introspective, self-motivated
- Detail-oriented and energetic
- An affinity for developing consumer products as well as product research & analysis
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional presentation, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines and budget goals
- Have an eye for detail & design
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in Product Development, Production, and Sourcing roles
- Strong grasp of project management and personal time management skills
- Strong analytical, research & problem-solving skills
- Experience with overseas vendors and manufacturing partners is preferred
- Experience in packaging development and sourcing a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Suite
- Social Media proficiency
- Annualized salary of $50,000+, based on experience
- Benefits Package including Medical, 401K,
- Flextime/WFH & Summer Fridays
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- Full-Time, Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Ask us about our Pet Policy