Must have an Active Title Producer's License
Surety Title in Jersey City NJ is looking to hire a Senior Title Insurance Processor/ Settlement Closer. The internal title for the position is "Assistant Branch Manager" with processing responsibilities. The position requires real-time Title Insurance industry experience and is not an entry-level opportunity. This is a hit-the-ground-running position. Looking to compensate very competitively and provide a good work environment. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Surety Coastal working out of the Jersey City Office.
The ideal candidate will be outgoing and not afraid to engage in our hiring process. Since the position description is broad and a lot of candidates statistically will be applying, the candidate must be willing to complete a video interview.
The Job Description is listed below.
Surety Title operates 17 offices throughout New Jersey and is backed by 6 National Underwriters giving us the ability to insure title and close virtually any make-sense transaction in a timely and efficient manner.
If you are interested in working for a professional organization that is organized and values the true role of a dedicated Title industry professional, we would like to speak with you.
About the hiring process: THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE (no recruiter or agency fees). Hire S2NC is not a recruiter or an employment agency.
- Qualifying candidates will be offered a one-way video interview opportunity during the early stages of the selection process. We highly recommend you engage in this step to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Surety Title uses www.Hires2nc.com for the video interview because they are a neutral third-party facilitator that uses a respectful and supportive hiring process.
- In our 2nd stage of selections, The Vice President of Surety Coastal will personally review candidates who have completed the video interview or have communicated their willingness to complete it.
The initial one-way video interview will consist of 6 simple questions.
This hire is strategically important and the position will only be offered to the right candidate.
Candidates who feel they are ready to move to the next level in their career will find this opening to be exactly the opportunity they have been looking for. You must be comfortable processing at least 20 Title insurance transactions/file per month to qualify for this role.
The management team knows a good processor is a key position to a well-running office, and being Assistant Branch Manager will provide a seat at the table to grow your career and income.
Senior Title Insurance Processor/ Settlement Closer
Job Title: Assistant Branch Manager – Jersey City
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary of Functions:
The role of the Assistant Branch Manager is to support the supervision and coordination of every detail of each title transaction professionally and effectively.
Duties may include:
- Protect stakeholder interests
- Maintain regulatory and internal compliance standards
- Maximize pre-tax margins
- Maintain positive relationships
- Maximize capture ratios
- Manage internal and external communications
- Assist the Manager and Sales Representative in the development and growth of the office
- Any other duties assigned by the Branch Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain compliance with Surety Title Agency Coastal Region, LLC policies and procedures per governing laws, regulations, regulatory agencies, and company standard
- Demonstrate consistent independent and team behavior that supports the culture of Surety Title
- Assist in the management of branch staff and any activities involved in the closing of real estate transactions including ensuring the proper handling of all funds and closings, reviewing daily banking activity, approving timesheets, reviewing bills, preparing and adhering to budgets.
- Ensure compliance with operations standards identified in the ALTA Best Practice Policy and Procedures, ALTA Best Practice Training Guides, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and Surety Dashboard Reports. Implement any corrective measures identified by audits within 30 days.
- Coordinate all details of the title transaction
- Respond to customers, process and clear files for closing, perform office closings or schedule closer for out of office closings, scan, disburse, and post-close files including preparing documents for recording
- While performing the daily duties, the Assistant Manager will also be assisting the Manager and Sales Representatives in the development and growth of the office
- Ensure the branch is managed in a manner consistent with the Company policies
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager
- The Assistant Branch Manager has in-direct oversight responsibility for specific branch employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Must have 5-7 years of experience in the title settlement industry and with at least 2 years of experience as an escrow officer/closer
- Must have a Title Producer's License.
- Must be a Notary Public
- Must have a high standard of communication, presentation, and organization skills
- Must know real estate practices, settlement and title and escrow curative procedures
- Knowledge of title abstracting and examining is helpful
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business documents. Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to calculate payoffs, transfer taxes, mortgage taxes, etc
- High Standard of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress with time deadlines
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.